Special Ingredients Europe
Arrowroot Powder is a natural plant based versatile thickener. Also known as Arrowroot Starch or Arrowroot Flour. Arrowroot powder is a gluten-free thickening agent which can be used without altering the original flavors of your creations. Unlike other thickeners, it provides a clear, shimmering consistency to jellies, sauces, gravies and other liquids, while being very easy to digest.
It's excellent in handling acidic ingredients and works smoothly with dairy-based recipes, demonstrating a robust versatility in the kitchen. A great Gluten-Free alternative to Cornstarch. Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.
- Powerful natural versatile thickener for all types of liquids.
- Create smooth, glossy and clear gels, sauces, and gravies without becoming cloudy or altering taste.
- Perfect for preparing delicate, delightful desserts like fruit jellies, puddings, and custards.
- A superb, gluten-free alternative thickener to Cornstarch.
- Excellent performance even in acidic recipes like citrus sauces or fruit jams.
- Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.
How to use:
The amount of liquid depends upon the consistency you require. Arrowroot Powder needs to be made into a slurry before adding to liquid. Mix 5 - 10g of Arrowroot powder with 15-20ml of room temperature water. Mix together to create a slurry. Then gradually add the slurry to your hot liquid whilst stirring constantly until your desired consistency is achieved. Arrowroot works best at lower temperatures, add it towards the end of your cooking process to prevent it from breaking down and losing its thickening capabilities.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Ensure that the product is tightly-
sealed after use to preserve quality and prevent moisture absorption. Use within 6 months of opening.
Ingredients: Arrowroot Powder
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.
Based on typical content/100g: Energy: 357kcal/1494kj, Fat: 0.10g, Of which saturates: 0.0g, Carbohydrates: 88.15g, Of which sugars: 0.1g, Protein: 0.30g, Salt: 0.005g, Fibre: 3.4g.
Labelling according to EU & UK Regulations.